Vergara, L. – Ultrawaves(free)
Future societal and environmental challenges such as population growth, climate change and growing demand for water/energy, are some of the issues which a company customer needs to drive when looking for the best value for money. A new approach considering expenditure in a more holistic way is inevitable. Such change is manifesting itself through the introduction of increased competition and retail/wholesale separation, and a move to outcomes and TOTEX-based regulation. At this stage, there are a good number of processes in water/renewable industries where ultrasound is a well-proven solution. However, if TOTEX is the driver to assess companies against long term measured, then, ultrasound turn into one of the most efficient solutions. On the existing CAPEX or OPEX
approaches, ultrasound offered good results for anaerobic digestion, biological nutrient removal and controlling bulking and foaming problems respectively. Under a TOTEX perspective, such figures make the argument for ultrasound even more compelling.
The Biosolids conference attracts the most authoritative global experts in the area of biosolids and organic resource handling, treatment and recycling. The programme covers both the latest innovations and updates of existing technologies. Presentations from respected industry experts and newcomers follow the development of technologies and legislation from inception to full-scale installations.
The conference regularly gathers over 200 delegates from all over Europe, many of them return every year both for the technical presentations and fantastic networking opportunities.
Regular conference themes include:
• Thickening and Dewatering
• Modelling Sludge Handling and Utilisation
• Commissioning and Operating Experiences with Thermal Hydrolysis
• Tackling Potential Odour Problems
• Operating Experiences and Potential Problems in Digester Operation
• Ensuring Optimum Energy Recovery from Biogas
• Liquor Treatment and P Removal
• Alternative Products from Sludge
• Enhancing the Value of Biosolids and Digestate
• Pathogens and Pollutants In Digestate
• Sharing Experiences