Burrowes, P. – CH2M Hill(free)
NEW Water is replacing its aging incineration based solids processing facility with a novel process train that includes anaerobic digestion, dewatering and incineration. The Resource Recovery and Electrical Energy Project, or R2E2, is intended to meet NEW Water’s long-term strategic sustainable plan. The paper discusses energy resource recovery using waste heat recovery options to demonstrate the best use of the energy produced at the Green Bay Facility in Wisconsin, USA, together with valued added recovery of the residual resources.
The Biosolids conference attracts the most authoritative global experts in the area of biosolids and organic resource handling, treatment and recycling. The programme covers both the latest innovations and updates of existing technologies. Presentations from respected industry experts and newcomers follow the development of technologies and legislation from inception to full-scale installations.
The conference regularly gathers over 200 delegates from all over Europe, many of them return every year both for the technical presentations and fantastic networking opportunities.
Regular conference themes include:
• Thickening and Dewatering
• Modelling Sludge Handling and Utilisation
• Commissioning and Operating Experiences with Thermal Hydrolysis
• Tackling Potential Odour Problems
• Operating Experiences and Potential Problems in Digester Operation
• Ensuring Optimum Energy Recovery from Biogas
• Liquor Treatment and P Removal
• Alternative Products from Sludge
• Enhancing the Value of Biosolids and Digestate
• Pathogens and Pollutants In Digestate
• Sharing Experiences